Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Camping Trip


I'd like to give all praise and glory to my Heavenly Father for a wonderful first camping trip this year! It was a perfect location. We planned this trip last minute and almost cancelled a few times. I know without a doubt that it was God's plan the whole time! I sure needed this trip and I felt His glorious presence, I don't know how to explain it, but Glory to God my Father!
We arrived at the location about 9:30pm and after dinner we decided to take a walk and look for wood for the fire. I forgot Micah's coat so he used mine.

The boys had a 2-3 hour nap during our drive and didn't fall asleep 'til after midnight. In the tent they ran from one side to the other (which is about an 8X10 foot tent), which they do at home running up and down the hallway (which is about 35 feet in length).
While we were rushing to get out of town we forgot to pack more than two 24oz bottles of water, so Simon was up a couple hours later than us boiling water he pumped from a well. The water tasted like smoke, but it was potable. It was wonderful listening to the wind, birds and river all night long.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

martha sergie said...

Oh my goodness....I can imagine the quietness, but nature itself...glad the family went out,and can tell the boys enjoyed the great outdoors (being future hunters to be )Oh maybe that was'nt the thought of hunting,heehee